Volunteer With Us!
On-Ice Program Assistants
October 2019 to March 2020
Earn high school volunteer hours!
Training Session Saturday, September 14, 2019 at Trisan - email email@example.com for more details
A Program Assistant’s role may include:
• Assisting or leading warm-ups, group activities or cool-downs
• Assisting with the set-up of circuits and stations
• Leading circuits and rotations
• Demonstrating proper execution of skating skills
• Aiding skaters who may have additional needs
• Taking attendance
• Timing speed skills
• Providing general assistance to the coaches on the session
• Providing encouragement and general feedback to skaters
Program assistants should be:
• Good communicators and demonstrators
• Team players and good role models
• Prepared and organized
• Able to lead groups, encourage skaters and offer praise
• Able to keep skaters moving while having fun
SSC will pay your Skate Canada membership fees for the season!
- We welcome all parents who are interested in helping Schomberg SC continue to offer quality skating programs in our community. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lesley at 289-318-0321.